Who We Are
The Optimist Club of Stratford is a group of volunteers in action for the youth in our community. This Club was chartered in 1937 and has contributed over $3,000,000 in the past 40 years to minor sports and community projects.
NEW – Optimist Club of Stratford Charitable Foundation
Post Secondary School Bursary
The Optimist Club of Stratford Charitable Foundation is pleased to announce an annual $3000 Bursary is available for each of the Stratford secondary schools (Stratford District Secondary School and Stratford St. Michael Catholic Secondary School). The primary criteria for determining the winning submissions will be based on how the individual has developed leadership qualities working with children/youth in the community.
Application forms are available from Stratford Secondary School Guidance Departments, and must be submitted to the School Guidance/Social Services Office, no later than:
June 8th – Stratford District Secondary School
June 1st – Stratford St. Michael Catholic Secondary School
Click HERE for more information
The Optimist Club of Stratford has supported:
• Childhood Cancer • St. John Ambulance • Scouts • Optimism Place • Fall Fair
• Bike Day • Battle of the Bands • Chess Tournament • Tennis Day • Youth Bowling
• Trout Derby • Stratford Optimist Basketball Association and much more!
Major Sponsorships have included:
• $60,000 to Stratford General Hospital • $25,000 to Optimism Place
• $10,000 to Children’s Hospital of Western Ontario Foundation • $60,000 to Rec Centre